SEMGLEE® and Insulin Glargine (insulin
glargine-yfgn) injection are available as a 10 mL Vial (100 units/mL, U-100)
The following instructions are provided to patients for use. Click here for Instructions for Use.
Supplies needed for injection:
Do not share syringes with other people even if the needle has been changed.
Doing so could give other people a serious infection, or get a serious infection
- A SEMGLEE 10 mL vial
- A U-100 insulin syringe and needle.
- Alcohol wipes.
- 1 sharps container for throwing away used needles and syringes.
Preparing the dose:
- Wash hands with soap and water or with alcohol.
- Check the vial label to make sure taking the right type of insulin. This is
especially important if using more than 1 type of insulin.
- Check the insulin to make sure it is clear and colorless. Do not use SEMGLEE
if it is colored or cloudy, or if particles are visible in the solution.
- Do not use SEMGLEE after the expiration date stamped on the
label or 28 days after first use.
- Always use a syringe that is marked for U-100 insulin.
Using a syringe other than a U-100 insulin syringe, patient may get the
wrong dose of insulin.
- Always use a new syringe or needle for each injection. Do not reuse
or share syringes or needles with other people. Doing so may give other
people a serious infection or get a serious infection from